Adheres to and will perform all duties in compliance with all Regal Homecare and Concierge policies and procedures and all applicable state regulations, under the supervision of a health professional employee and may include, but are not limited to, the following.:
1. Performs only personal
care activities designated in a written assignment or as instructed by a health
professional, employee for a specific patient. These may include, but not
· Maintains ethical conduct.
· Assists with personal hygiene, shampooing hair, shaving, dressing, eating, and ambulation.
· Assists in admission, transfer and discharge of clients.
· Answers all clients’ request and provides assistance as requested by clients.
· Performs urine tests. Collects sputum, stool and urine specimens.
· Performs basic occupied bed making.
· Performs proper placement, removal, and cleaning of bedpans, urinals and commodes.
· Assist in care of equipment, running errands.
· Uses correct body mechanics.
· Transport clients by wheelchair or stretcher. Assists ambulatory clients as necessary.
· Performs complete, partial, shower and tub baths. Performs special mouth care, back care and shaves male clients.
· Follows safety guidelines and procedures including use of side rails.
· Follows safety guidelines and procedures regarding use of oxygen precautions, infection control and universal precautions and prevention of burns.
· Assists in dietary care by feeding clients, and serving nourishments as directed.
· Assists with the use of devices for aid to daily living (walker, wheelchair, hoyer lift).
· Assists with prescribed range of motion exercise as taught to the CAN and client by a health professional employee.
· Measures, prepares, and serves special diets.
· Measures and records intake and output
· Measures and records weights (standing, chair, and bed weights).
· Applies bed cradles, footboards, and devices for prevention of pressure areas.
· May assist post-mortem care.
· Applies unsterile soaks and compresses.
· Performs catheter care.
· Applies ice packs.
· May reinforce dressings.
· Performs any other duties as assigned.